I’m not exactly sure how to classify this side dish, other than call it what my family calls it…baked corn. It’s not a corn bread, but it’s not a casserole either…it’s baked corn. Usually we have this for thanksgiving, but I decided to make it to go with the chili, adding some jalapenos added to spice it up.
– 1 box jiffy corn muffin mix
– 1 cup sour cream
– 1 can whole cream style corn
– 1 can whole kernel corn, drained
– 1 stick butter, melted
-1/4 cup chopped jalapenos from a jar
1. Mix all ingredients together and pour into a buttered casserole dish. Okay to mix a day ahead of time and refrigerate before cooking.
2. Bake uncovered in oven at 350 for 60 minutes, or until center is cooked with a semi-firm consistency and browned on top.
This is NOT a healthy side dish, rather a special occasion side dish. I have been toying with the idea of going all out and adding shredded cheddar cheese to it as well.
I find that if I mix it a day ahead of time, it needs at least an hour to warm up before putting it in the oven. I have also used all sorts of dishes, this is an 8×8 but I have used a 9×11 and even a round pan. To serve it’s best to scoop it out like a casserole.