Who doesn’t love deviled eggs. I personally have a little bit of an obsession with eggs. I will always say yes to a runny egg on pretty much anything, my favorite breakfast on the go is hard-boiled eggs, and if I’m feeling fancy I’ll make some deviled eggs for a gathering. On Friday night I made a batch of hard-boiled eggs and I made the end of summer pesto…the dinner choice was obvious.
I recognize it looks pretty gross, but if you like pesto trust me on this one.
Measurements are not exact for mayo and pesto, you may need to adjust for consistency and taste.
– 4-6 eggs, hard-boiled and peeled
– 1/4 cup of mayo
– 3 Tbsp pesto
– 1 dash of dried mustard
– 1 tsp cider vinegar
1. Cut eggs in half and remove yolk.
2. Mix together yolks, mayo, pesto, dried mustard, and cider vinegar with a fork.
3. Put everything in a ziplock bag, cut a small hole in the corner, and fill centers of egg whites.
4. Sprinkle with a dash of paprika.
My husband was blown away with the filling process, he thought I was so smart to think of putting the filling in a bag and then squeeze it out. I let him go on about it for a few minutes before I broke it to him that I did not invent said technique, in fact it’s extremely well-known.